Saturday, January 25, 2014

Ice Ice Baby

I survived "Icepocalypse 2014."

But I did not come out unscathed. I developed a 102.7-degree fever at the end of the day. You win, Mother Nature.

It probably started when I got out to my car around 10:15 in the morning to head to work. I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, so I thought I'd have plenty of time to get to work by 11:00, even with the icy roads or closures.

Oh wait, my car was iced over. I forgot to account for that possibility. Typical me.


Two bottled waters, one spatula and 30 minutes later and my little Chevy Cavalier was finally defrosted. There was still some ice on the windshield, but I was already running late. Typical me.












I got to work around 11:15, did my thing, and left early. Felt fine throughout the day.

Then, night came. Somewhere between laying on my couch...and well, more laying on my couch, I started feeling hot. I thought I might have a fever. I shrugged it off and did more laying around. A couple of hours later, I still felt hot. I figured taking my temperature would be a good idea.

Oh hello fever.

Whatever. This doesn't happen to me often. I took some meds and broke the fever in the middle of the night and felt much better in the morning.

So the moral of the story is...next time there is an icepocalypse, plan your morning routine better.


No comments:

Post a Comment